Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5







October 5

Psalm 29:11
The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people
with peace.

This week I really had to draw on the strength of the Lord.
It all stared with receiving a new girl to my class. This girl cried the entire week along with the other girl who likes to cry every time I look at her. So trying to get from one place to another is so fun with seven kids, one criers tied to my back, the other I carried while shrieking, and just hoping the other five would follow. There is no way I could do this in my own strength.
This Tuesday we had a boy named Abdul leave with his father for a few days. His family is all Islam and wanted him there to celebrate their holiday. He was supposed to arrive back here Saturday, but has not. Please pray for him, this the first time in six years his parents have come for him. I am trying not to think of the worst. Abdul is 11 years old. He is in the 3rd grade and loves to learn. He is very smart. He is very animated when he is speaking to you, he can’t tell a story without yelling and laughing. And he is always carrying the younger ones around a making sure they are being taken care of. He has a very caring heart.
Yesterday was a very big day for HH, we played a soccer match against Raffiki. (the other home and school a mile away)
The kids have been practicing and talking about this day for weeks, it has even been in our nightly prayers that we would score them. ( which means win) J When we arrived and saw the other team I had to laugh, they were all much larger and also had shoes and uniforms. Most of our boys and girls played with their bare feet. J The boys lost but played with such heart, I was proud. The other girls fought hard and won. We all came home a celebrated with a long nap. JOn our way home some of us slow walkers lagged behind and were sharing stories about the day, when one of the kids took my hand to hold, now my hands are always filled with some kid’s hand, but this one was different. This boy who I have shown love and trust to with giving nothing in return, held my hand for only a few minutes, but those few minutes made my day. The Lord blesses His people with peace. And that is exactly what I felt. God bless!!!!

No comments: