Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 25


It has been two months!!! How crazy is that. It feel like I was just celebrating our one month yesterday. This past week was our midterm break; we took a week off school and with that time we were able to help out in the office and take the kids to the beach. On Tuesday we had a long day at the immigration office. We walked in and found out that we needed a lot more than just our passports, so we drove around getting new visa pictures and a letter from ECM office. Praise God we were able to get six months extinction on our visas.
On Wednesday we went on an adventure to find the ECM office. We were given directions and amazingly we found it. (well Lindsay did most of the work considering I am directionally challenged) When we arrived Abby was waiting with piles of papers for Lindsay to type and a desk load of paper work for me to file. We had a great time visiting with Abby; she is a very hard worker with huge heart for the kids.
Wednesday was the big day! We loaded up 35 kids with two mamas and headed to the beach. The pure excitement and joy the kids had was like nothing I have ever experienced. Just to get in the van and go somewhere was a big deal to so many of the kids. There were two brothers who had never been to the beach before; I was so excited for them and all the kids. The look on their faces when they saw the ocean was priceless. We all ran to the water, with a few behind in fear of the waves. Only a few of the kids wanted to go out a little deeper, so with a death grip on my arm we walked out waist deep. I know that may not sound very exciting, but for them it was huge. As each wave came the grip on my arm only got tighter, the terror on their face after a wave hit instantly turned into joyful screaming when it past. I couldn’t keep from laughing. They were all so content flopping around in inches of water and burying each other in the sand. To see them play so contently with each other for hours, just showed me again how we are to be grateful for the little things. God is continually reminding me that He is everywhere. I never really grasped that, I see how different everything here is, but yet God is still same and living in the lives of the kids and seeing him in his beautiful creation in Africa, it has defiantly smashed the little Bonney Lake box I had him in.
Again I want to thank you all for your prayers and loving support.

No comments: