Monday, September 29, 2008

Sep 29


September 29


It has been ONE MONTH as of last Wednesday!!!!!
God has blessed my heart so much with these kids. Despite the fact that these kids have been through many struggle and hardships and still thank God for their lives, families and friend, just blows my mind. I was walking by the boys rooms yesterday and heard some singing , I looked in and saw all the boys standing in a circle praying and worshiping God, but get this there was no adult telling them to pray, they were doing it because they love God and want to praise Him. Shouldn’t we have something to praise God about? We are the ones with the homes and food, we have parent and families. I felt like I was a thankful person, but I think true thankfulness can not go hand in hand with complaining. I have yet to hear one of these kids complain about sharing a room with 14 other kids or that they eat the same food every week. Yet they thank God!! 1 Thes 5:18 says “Give thanks in all circumstances”. That’s what I see from these kids.
God has given me feeling of complete joy and contentment in being here. On Thursday I was sitting outside, the sky was full of the orange setting sun and I had Moses and Gabriel on my lap while we watched the boys playing soccer, when I got this feeling of joy that I have never felt before. I sat there feeling the most content I have ever felt, I know this is where He wants me.
Gabriel and Moses are boys here at HH and are also in my class at school, they are both soon to be three, they love to snuggle, sing and play the drums. Gabriel has the biggest dimples when he smiles; he is a tough little boy. He loves to play soccer, sing songs and walk around with a stick in his hand whacking any thing or anyone that gets in his way. ( we are working that)  Moses is a very little boy, when he came here he was undernourished, so he is a little behind in speech, he is also very unbalanced. He does know how to say my name, and at random he will shout hallelujah! From now on I am going to try and tell you a little bit about two kids each week. O and I have moved from my porch to a room, with a table and some chairs! Praise the Lord!
Praise God that Lindsay and I have not gotten sick. The Driscoll arrived last week and have already been sick. What a blessing the Driscoll are to us, just to have other Americans here and to be able to communicate with has been great. They have sold all they have, left everyone they know to come here and live. They will live here until or if God calls them somewhere else. What faith!!!
Things are starting to feel more settled and homie. I think I have gotten the fact that I am going to be here for another 8 and a half months and not some one month stay. Time is just flying by, I wish it would slow down a little, I have the feeling this will be over before I know it.
On Saturday we ventured into town in search if a mall that we had heard was here. Our adventure started with the tro tro ( not cho cho) dying twice. They had to push start it both times. While I was in the mall I got this feeling like I wasn’t in Africa, just like walking through a mall back home. That feeling quickly died the minute I stepped outside and boarded a tro tro, which made it to a town just before Medie ( medie is where I live) when we stopped to find smoke coming from the hood. To top things off, the other tro tro we got on drove right pass our stop!! What a hilarious day!!
Please pray that these kids would feel loved. I know they want love, but knowing how to receive it and give it is very difficult for many of them. They have so much pain bottled up and many cover it up anger, fear or just silence.
And that I would die to myself everyday, allowing Gods love flow out of me on these kids. For it is only God who can mend broken hearts.

No comments: